Saturday, January 17, 2009

19. Our Real Father Who Gave Us His Throne

[To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne] (Rev. 3:21). The Monarch of heaven, our Father [has highly exalted Him (Jesus) (Phi. 2:9) who has overcome Satan, the King of darkness and his angels and [sat down at the right hand of God] (Mark 16:19), on which He is also sitting today. And He comforts Him saying, [`Sit on My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool'] (Matt. 22:44), and also determined [that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord] (Phi. 2:10, 11).

Jesus is exclaiming to us, [To him who overcomes (Satan as I overcame him) I will grant to sit with Me on My throne as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne] (Rev. 3:21). In this way, as He bestowed His throne upon Jesus, His Eldest Son, so He also bestows it upon us, His last children. This is an unquestionable truth, for an earlier chosen group of sinners are already sitting on His throne today.
John the witness testifies, [Behold, a throne set in heaven ...and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads] (Rev. 4:2, 4).

What an amazing love it is! How can He love sinners so much as to give them His throne which is all that is left of Him! What a wondrous love it is! This infinite love [which passes knowledge] (Eph. 3:19), is a mystery which we will perhaps never attain to full understanding throughout the eternal ages.

John the witness testifies again, [And I saw thrones ... and I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark in their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ ...] (Rev, 20:4).

What a glorious scene it is! Those who had been slain for God and Jesus are now in heaven reigning on His throne. This is the throne that is glorious and highest [above the stars of God,] which is [on the mount of the congregation, on the farthest sides of the north,] and is [above the heights of the clouds,(of) the Most High,] that Satan, [the son of the morning] once attempted to plunder by force and instigation but failed, only to fall to the earth himself (Isa. 14:12-14).

The throne that Satan, the instigator of the whole world had failed to plunder by his cunning skill, our Father has bestowed freely upon us, who are lowly and humble on earth; who love Him genuinely and obey His word and commandments. That is why the righteous man, Moses continued to love God, rejecting Pharaoh's throne as worthless beholding the recompense of the reward (Heb. 11:24-26), as did Apostle Paul who threw away all the worldly status and glory like dirt, saying, [Brethren ... but one thing I do, forgetting those things, which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus] (Phi. 3:13, 14). [Nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God] (Acts 20:24).

What a sensible and wise choice they made! Should we not likewise choose to lead such a wise and prudent life which is given but once? How many numerous people have there been who have sought for worldly, perishable and corruptible thrones and glories, instead of heaven's most glorious throne and died away! Billions of God's children today are still absorbed in vain glories of the world and are losing precious opportunities given which come but once.
But the King of heaven, our Father is still sending His invitation,[and sent out his servants ... Come ... all things are ready, come] (Matt. 22: 1-9). Jesus is also exclaiming, [Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His (Father's) glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones ... and shall reign forever and ever] (Matt. 19:28, Rev. 22:5).
Praise the Lord! Glory to God our real Father forever and ever, who has unsparingly given away His throne to us!

Praise the Lord!

No comments: